At Clowne Infant and Nursery School we believe in the importance of regular attendance from the first time children join us at our school.
Good attendance creates better learning opportunities, better preparation for their next stage in education and better social and emotional foundations.
ATTENDANCE OF EVERY CHILD MUST BE 96% AND OVER
- We monitor every child's attendance
- We follow up all absence
- We have a clear attendance policy
- We have clear procedures for poor attendance
- We reward good attendance in many ways
- Let us know if your child is poorly and off school
- Don't keep them off for a cough or cold
- Holidays in term time are not authorised and you will be fined (school do not get the money!)
- Children must be in between 8.50 and 9am (Nur - 8.45 or 12.30)
- Lates are not OK
- We monitor attendance
- Persistently poor attendance will result in a fine (school do not get the money!)
- We will support families with attendance
- ATTENDANCE IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF PARENTS/CARERS
WHO CAN YOU SPEAK TO?
- Mrs Jeanette Clayton, Family Support Worker
- Mrs Kirby, Headteacher
- Mrs Galley, Deputy Headteacher